Two grants will fund interdisciplinary research at the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, including a look at how neurons and muscle cells communicate with each other and also to develop a drug delivery system for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Kong's research goal is to develop advanced material systems related to human health.
- Information about the Johnson Lab.
- Information about the Cellular Neuroscience Imaging Laboratory.
- Information about the Rodriguez-Zas's Laboratory of Statistical Genetics and Bioinformatics.
- Information about the McKim Lab.
- Cowbirds outsource parenting to other species, but an innate password tells their children to copy cowbird songs. Now, a new paper describes how the cowbird chicks may learn to recognize and sing their own species’ songs. "We kind of opened the paper with this existential question," said Sarah London, a neuroscientist at the University of Chicago. "How do you know who you are if no one's shown you who you are?"
- Information about IKIDS.
- A new study, co-authored by Northeastern University professor Charles Hillman and Naiman Khan at the University of Illinois, found that drinking water and staying hydrated increased children’s ability to multitask and improved their reaction times. “Kids who were more hydrated performed better on tasks of mental flexibility — multitasking — and working memory,” Hillman tells The Post. “This is the first study that used a randomized controlled crossover design to study the relationship of hydration and cognition in children.”
- Information about the Grosman Lab.
- Information about the Huesmann Lab.
- Information about the Li Lab.
- Information about the Liang Lab.
- Information about the Gulley Lab.
- Information about the Shen Lab.
- Information about the Context, Memory, and Forgetting Lab.