- Mark E. Nelson served as the Associate Director for Student Affairs and the NSP Liason for the SfN Chapter in Champaign. Mark was honored at the End of Year Awards and Recognition Reception on April 30th with a small glass trophy in thanks for his time and service as well as in acknowledgment of his upcoming retirement. After 28 years at the University of Illinois, Mark will be moving on to spend time in another place he loves to be, nature. He will be hiking the trails out west. Check out his spotlight to see the latest Beckman article featuring Dr. Nelson!
- New soft, stretchable electronic devices designed by a team including Neuroscience faculty and alumni at Beckman Institute could change the way people undergo medical tests, control prosthetic devi
- Featured in the April 10 Daily Illini, Aadeel Akhtar, founder of PSYONIC, is featured for the bionic hand he has been working on and is currently produced by PSYONIC. He states, “Our prosthetic hand is actually faster, smaller and stronger than all the other prosthetic hands that are out there...
- BIOMIMICRY - PBS News Hour: Rashid Bashir, a professor of electrical and computer engineering and bioengineering at Illinois, and his team are developing bio-bots that move using real muscles activ
- BLASTING BIOFILMS - Design News, Oct. 24-Antibiotic-resistant infections derived from microbial films that coat medical devices and surfaces in hospitals are becoming a deadly epidemic. U. of I.