Information about the Chan Lab.
Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience
- Mark E. Nelson served as the Associate Director for Student Affairs and the NSP Liason for the SfN Chapter in Champaign. Mark was honored at the End of Year Awards and Recognition Reception on April 30th with a small glass trophy in thanks for his time and service as well as in acknowledgment of his upcoming retirement. After 28 years at the University of Illinois, Mark will be moving on to spend time in another place he loves to be, nature. He will be hiking the trails out west. Check out his spotlight to see the latest Beckman article featuring Dr. Nelson!
- Systems Biology Understanding of the Effects of Lithium on Affective and Neurodegenerative DisordersLithium has many widely varying biochemical and phenomenological effects, suggesting that a systems biology approach is required to understand its action.
- The Zhang lab recently published a paper in Cell Chemical Biology titled "Optogenetic delineation of receptor tyr
- Science (Washington, D.C., Jan. 7)–Monogamy may have a telltale signature of gene activity, according to two researchers at the University of Texas, Austin.
- Menthol stereoisomers exhibit different effects on α4β2 nAChR upregulation and dopamine neuron spontaneous firinge-Neuro New Research: Menthol is the most popular flavor used in all forms of tobacco products.
- Researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have created a new technology to track tumor development within human breast tissue, a study says.
- Congratulations to Neuroscience Faculty Emeritus, Rhanor Gillette and Graduate Student, Ekaterina Gribkova on "Implementing Goal-Directe