Lithium has many widely varying biochemical and phenomenological effects, suggesting that a systems biology approach is required to understand its action.
Homeostatic and Endocrine Systems
- Systems Biology Understanding of the Effects of Lithium on Affective and Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Mouse study reveals how chronic stress promotes breast cancer stem cells, identifies vitamin C as effective therapyURBANA, Ill. – Cancer: The word alone evokes dread, anxiety, and fear. Accordingly, many women living with the disease and undergoing treatment experience chronic stress and depression.
- ANIMAL BIOLOGY - Audubon (New York City, Jan.
- IFL Science! (London, Jan. 3) – Baby birds can recognize parents’ songs while still in the egg, according to new research performed at the U. of I.
- Researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have created a new technology to track tumor development within human breast tissue, a study says.
- The Neuroscience Program is excited to welcome new NSP faculty member Daniel McKim. Dr. McKim is the most recent addition to the Animal Sciences department starting as an assistant professor in November 2018.